Setting up Linux Mint on your refurbished computer can be done in a few simple steps. Follow the prompts and instructions below and contact us if you run into any trouble.
- Choose your language and click "Continue."
- Choose your location on the map by clicking on the city which is the nearest to you. The purpose of this step is to identify your time zone. Make sure the “Current time” appears correctly and click the “Continue” button.
- On the next screen, enter all information as shown.
- Your Name can be your real name, but it doesn’t have to be. It is only used locally, in the screensaver, and on the login screen.
- Your Computer’s Name is the name of your computer on the network.
- Your Username is what you will use to log into the computer.
- Choose a strong password and remember to write it down somewhere safe.
- Optional: If you’d like to protect your data against local attacks (people around you, or in case your computer gets stolen), you can select “Encrypt my home folder”
- All done! You can start using your computer.