Welcome to your new computer! This quick start guide is designed to help you get set up in a few simple steps. If you are unfamiliar with computers or need additional guidance, please turn to the next section, “About Your Computer.”
A Few Clicks and You're Done!
When you first turn on the computer, the setup assistant “Cortana” will guide you through the final steps of the Windows 10 installation.
- VERY IMPORTANT! Do not unplug the power to your computer until the Windows 10 installation is complete. If the computer turns off during the installation process it can get stuck in an error loop.
- We recommend that you do not connect to the internet during this process unless you would like to link a Microsoft account to your computer.
- You will have the option to create a password, but you can skip this by pressing the “Enter” key on the keyboard. Be sure to write your password down somewhere as there is no way to recover your password.
About Your Computer
- Computer Tower
- Monitor Screen
- Wireless USB adapter (if needed)
- Windows 10 Operating System
Your desktop computer comes with three cables.
- Power cable for the computer (the tower is the computer itself)
- Power cable for the display (the monitor screen)
- Video (VGA) cable (usually blue, sometimes black or white, pronged on both ends; this connects the computer to the monitor screen)
The keyboard and mouse each plug into the computer tower.