TABLE OF CONTENTS
Individual E-Waste Recycling Process
Individuals are welcome to drop off acceptable equipment for recycling at one of PCs for People's locations (pcsforpeople.org/locations). Please review the drop off hours, address, and donation process by selecting the location nearest you.
- Atlanta, Georgia (coming soon!)
- Baltimore, Maryland
- Belleville, Illinois (St. Louis, MO)
- Cleveland, Ohio
- Denver, Colorado
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Mankato, Minnesota
- Oak Forest, Illinois (Chicago)
- St. Paul, Minnesota
Acceptable Equipment for E-Waste Drop Off
- Desktop and Laptop Computers
- Systems with Core 2 processors or newer will be refurbished
- Pentium 4 and older will be recycled
- CRT Monitors (Limited quantities accepted at $0.55 per pound)
- TVs (Limited quantities accepted at $0.55 per pound)
- Functional LCD, LED and Plasma Monitors
- Non-Functional LCD Monitors
- Keyboards and Mice
- Hard Drives, Memory and Misc Computer Parts
- Power Cords
- Laptop Batteries
- Servers and Network Equipment
- Modems and Routers
- Copiers and Plotters (Accepted at $0.25 per pound)
- Any electronic recycling
Unacceptable Equipment for E-Waste Drop Off
- Any household appliances (e.g microwaves, refrigerators, vacuums)
- Any fossil fuel or materials used in collecting fossil fuels.
- Any infectious or biological wastes or equipment that contained them.
- Any media contaminated with oil.
- Any liquid.
- Any chemicals, oils, or powders.
- Any equipment that contains chemicals of any kind.
- Any equipment that contains asbestos.
- Any equipment that contains radioactive components
- Any equipment that contains Freon.
- Any materials that would adversely impact our operations or result in environmental or health problems.