TABLE OF CONTENTS
Troubleshooting Your Hotspot
If your hotspot is not working as intended, please start with these basic troubleshooting steps:
- Check that the subscription has not lapsed by signing into your PCs for People account at pcsrefurbished.com.
- If the internet subscription has lapsed and a renewal payment is made, it will take 3-5 business days for the line of service to be reactivated.
- Check that the hotspot's battery has been charged.
- Turn the hotspot off, remove the battery briefly, reinsert the battery, and turn the hotspot back on.
If your hotspot is still not working:
- Call our service provider T-Mobile at 1-833-431-5019 (or 866-332-6274 for Spanish). Please note that this number will connect to the correct support team at T-Mobile. No other numbers will reach the right place.
- The T-Mobile representative will ask for your PTN number, which is the phone number associated with each modem and refers to the line of service that is assigned to each device by the ISP. The PTN is located on the box the hotspot came in and essentially functions as an account number. This is the number that ISP technical support representatives can use to look up a device and complete further troubleshooting. If you no longer have your PTN, please contact PCs for People directly for assistance.
- Let the T-Mobile representative know you are a PCs for People Spectrum customer. If the representative asks for a PIN or security question, please let them know that Spectrum devices do not require one.
- Explain the issue you are experiencing with the mobile hotspot and the representative will troubleshoot, reset, refresh, and update the hotspot.
Hotspot Six Month Warranty
If your mobile hotspot is currently under its six-month warranty and T-Mobile deems the mobile hotspot defective, collect the following information:
- Date of the call
- Name of the T-Mobile representative
Then call PCs for People at 651-354-2552 (M-F 10 a.m.–5:30 p.m. CST) or email email@example.com with this information. We will confirm with T-Mobile that the mobile hotspot was deemed defective and contact you with further information to begin the warranty process.