The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a U.S. government program run by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program to help households with low income pay for internet service and connected devices like a laptop or tablet. You are likely eligible if your household's income is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Line, or if you or someone you live with currently receives a government benefit like SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, WIC, Pell Grant, or Free and Reduced-Price Lunch.
If your household is eligible, you could receive:
- Up to a $30/month discount on your internet service
- Up to a $75/month discount if your household is on qualifying Tribal lands
- A one-time discount of up to $100 off for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer (with a copayment of more than $10 but less than $50)
The $30/month discount covers the full cost of PCs for People’s $15 monthly internet service.
It’s important to note that, while the ACP received funding that should last several years, this is not a permanent program.
Want more information? Click here to watch the EBB Program Overview Module. You can also visit the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) website.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- ACP Eligibility through PCS for People
- What are the ACP Program Benefits?
- How to Enroll in the ACP Program
ACP Eligibility through PCS for People
PCs for People has been approved as a participating provider for both internet and hardware benefits through the ACP using our alternative verification process (or AVP). In other words, if you meet our existing eligibility requirements and get your internet through PCs for People, you are eligible to have your $15 monthly internet cost covered in full by the ACP program. This will continue throughout the program’s funded period, though each customer will have to visit our online ACP portal to redeem the internet benefit every month. You can renew once you are within 14 days of expiration.
Additionally, once you have an active ACP internet subscription with us, you will also be eligible for a program benefit of up to $100 to be applied to certain hardware packages: a desktop or laptop package online as well as similar packages in-store, depending on inventory in each market (while supplies last).
What are the ACP Program Benefits?
- A monthly discount of up to $30 off your internet service or $75 off your internet service if you live on qualifying Tribal lands and associated equipment (hotspots/modems) if you need it.
- For new subscribers, the benefit will be applied to the cost of your initial equipment purchase, and then it will cover monthly renewals for internet service after the first month.
- For current subscribers, the benefit will cover monthly renewals for internet service for the duration of the program.
- A one-time discount of up to $100 off select computers (while supplies last) when purchasing internet from PCs for People. The final price you’d pay for an ACP computer is $11, $20, or $49.99.
How to Enroll in the ACP Program
- Visit our ACP Program portal online at https://acp.pcsrefurbished.com.
- Review and accept the ACP Terms on the website.
- Log into your existing PCs for People account or create a new one if you’re a new customer.
- Verify your account data through the National Lifeline Accountability Database (NLAD).
- Receive a confirmation message and proceed to shop from the eligible ACP products including hotspot or modem, one month of internet, and available computer packages.
If you receive an error message in red when enrolling or placing your ACP order, please visit our ACP Program Error Guide for next steps.